12.11.2007

Things I Hate

THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT

Some of us are made whole by the belief that His Heavenly Father loved the world so much that He sacrificed His only Son so that every wayward sheep in His mortal flock could have everlasting life in the kingdom of heaven. If thoughts like this help you sleep at night, I’ll be the first to tuck you in. What people choose to believe is their business. When those beliefs compel them to legislate against the advancement of medical science, picket movie theaters or to shoot patients and doctors at health clinics, those beliefs cross the line into the business of others. If you love God, that’s great. I love European hookers, but I don’t expect my elected leaders to announce their candidacy at a Dutch brothel. What drives members of the Christian Right to think a person is qualified to run the government simply becase he or she goes to church? Frankly, I don’t care if the next President of the United States gives blow jobs in the Oval Office. If her politics respect my constitutional rights to free speech and privacy, she’ll get my vote.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: